Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fangtastik 5K



I did the Fangtastik 5K Saturday with my husband and some of our friends! It was a blast and I'm so glad they talked me into doing it. It was pretty hard to make it to the finish line and since I've only been training for about 5 weeks (and one of those weeks I was on vacation and really did nothing) I was proud of my 39:50 time. I didn't run the entire thing but I ran a lot of it. It was harder than I thought it would be to push myself to run again after I started walking. I really used those things that motivated me. I thought while I'm doing this Sarah is running 12 miles, keep running, while I'm doing this calories are falling off, keep running, if I run I will get to the water faster, keep running but the hardest moment for me was actually when the finish line was in sight. I was so tired and out of breath and I wanted to start walking but there were people cheering and taking pictures and I didn't want to be that girl that started walking 100 yards from the finish line so I dug deep gave it all I had and got energy from somewhere and finished running across the finish line. Granted I thought I was going to die as soon as my foot crossed the line and a woman came to cut the chip off my shoe and I was seeing with tunnel vision and I wasn't sure what she wanted and I felt like my heart would explode and then she said I need your chip so we can post your time. And for the first time I was like wow I just did this and they are going to post MY time! I just ran a 5K! It was pretty amazing! And now I have the bug! We were already talking about which race we wanted to do next and now that I have an official time you better believe my goal is to blow that out of the water.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first 5k!! You go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I am truly, truly inspired and so proud of you!

    After you posted, I went back on my blog and saw that my first 5k time (April of last year) was 40:02 and my second 5k time (June) was 34:55, my third (October) was 29:35 and my fourth 5k time (November) was 28 minutes.

    Then came the half in December- 2:15:18. That means I ran a 10 minute, 20 second mile for 13 miles WITHOUT STOPPING folks.

    And here comes the Country Music Marathon. Almost one year exactly since my very first 5k.

    Now, do I have to say it again? Or is Rachel proof enough.

    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete