Monday, February 2, 2009

5 I mean 6 Fitness Questions!

Discussing the previous Five Questions.....

1. Why have you added fitness to your lifestyle?
I've always been an active person but after having Kingston I found myself to be short on time or big on excuses, either one works :)! But to be honest I've always been a skinny girl with very little work (thank you mom) and since giving birth I don't look the way I want to and I know my eating habits will not change so the only alternative is to step up the activity.

2.Who/What inspires you?
I am inspired my many things. My sister who has 3 boys and looks incredible from running all the time. My husband who says yes you can when we run together and I can't go any further. Sarah who has shared her journey with us and looks amazing! The finish line :)! The bag of chips I know I want. The beach body I once had and would love to have back. The child I want in the next year that I want to start off healthy for. Kingston who I want to be inspiring to. Brandie from this blog who is also a working mother and who is out there doing this with very little time. Natalina who I know started running herself. It is just inspiring to know so many of us are getting out there doing this for ourselves and our children!

3. What do you find challenging about finding the time to fit in a workout?
As a working mother I am limited on time as it is so that's always a challenge. The cold weather has been a challenge (must get treadmill).

4. What is the best part of working out?
I sleep so much better when I work out. And I don't feel like the world is passing me by.

"5. Do you workout/run/walk, etc. to music? What is your favorite song(s)?

I have an MP3 player that my sister downloaded music to and I'm not really sure what half of it is. I keep meaning to download some of my own but I'm perfectly content listening to the sounds in my neighborhood! I mean how would I spy if I couldn't hear people :)!

A question I would like to add:

6. What do you eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that fits a healthier lifestyle?
I really don't eat all that healthy so I'm not one to answer this question. But if I am trying to eat healthier I cut out the pop tarts and switch to oat meal and I try to lay off the pasta but it's so hard. I hate anything with artificial sugar, I just can't stand the taste and I love chocolate. I do love salads too but I'm sure when I'm done with them they wouldn't be considered so healthy :)! I eat a lot of PB&J's which aren't too bad for you and I try my best to eat a balance of fruits and veggies. I would love some healthy recipes as well! But since I also don't cook I will have to give those to the hubs!

I really enjoy this site! Reading what everyone is doing is really great and helps keep me motivated! One day we will all have to run a race together!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the artificial stuff. I've stopped using Splenda and light yogurt (aspertane), and am sticking to organics and naturally sweetened stuff- mostly your fruits and veggies.

    Great insight, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel. Good luck this week with your workout/training! Let's get motivated!

    ReplyDelete