Thursday, January 29, 2009

Zoo Run Run or Walk Walk!

The Zoo run (walk) was a great time! We arrived about 2:00 in 31 degree weather. We bundled up the kids and went over to listen to the music and mingle with all the other "walkers". We were at the end of the line because we were non timed walkers with strollers. Our goal for this run was to not finish last and enjoy doing something with our sons. Both were accomplished. It took us about an hour to finish but considering, Kingston (my son) was cold and cried the entire time, had to have a bottle made for him in the middle of the race and insisted I carry him for part of it we did pretty good. We're pretty sure if we didn't have the set backs we could have finished in about 40 minutes! The big thing for us was that we registered, we got out there and completed a 5K. Sure we might not have won any awards but we felt wonderful crossing that finish line and next year we might just be in the other lane with the timed runners!!
Here are a few pictures from the race!
I'm still training for the Predators 5K and it's going pretty good considering how cold it's been. I've been doing a lot of cross training inside and doing as much as I can stand outside. It really helps that I have already paid for this race and am doing it with a group of people that are counting on me. I've always read that if you find a race and pay the fee you are more likely to stick with the training, I now believe that. There have been times when I probably would have said oh I'll just start again when it gets warm but since I'm already committed I can't give up so I push even when I think I can't. And I'm noticing some changes in how my clothes are fitting which is also a little motivating :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment