Monday, January 19, 2009

Zoo 5K January 24


For those in the Nashville area, the Nashville Zoo Run will be held Jan. 24 at 3 p.m. Although this race is timed by the Nashville Striders some of it is off-road and many people walk with their children (who they usually dress up like animals) in strollers.
 
My New Year's Resolution was to start running and I thought this would be a good event to start with. Since I'm taking my 10 month old son, I will be walking with a friend but I think getting out there is the first step. I started training on January 5th and am using a 5 week to 5K plan I found on the Internet. It combines alternating running and walking and doing some other kind of activity on your off days. For the off days I've been using the Comcast Exercise OnDemand and it is kicking my butt but I am getting results.

As for The Zoo Run I'm planning on taking it slow, enjoying the environment and being with my cute baby, dressed as an animal of course. I've really enjoyed my training so far and I think this will be a perfect start to my running/walking career. I hope to see many of you there!

Rachel E.

No comments:

Post a Comment