Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ok so I'm a new runner. Very very new. I have been working out steadily (about 6 days a week) for a little over a year now but mostly I've just been taking classes at the YMCA. I do walk on the treadmill sometimes but in 2009 I decide to try and kick it up and add running to my weekly work outs but wasn't sure where to begin.

I found a website (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) that has a program called "Couch to 5K." It is a 9 week program set to help the average person start running even if you aren't in the best shape to begin with. I'm on work out #3 of the 2nd week and doing ok so far. I am running on the treadmill though and not pavement (I've heard pavement is more difficult but I'm not sure?) because it is freezing outside here and I'm a big baby about the cold! I am hoping to run (not run/walk - RUN) my first 5K by May...It will be for the Humane Society in Louisville. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress and anyone has any "newbie" tips then please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I just looked at that website myself. That plan does seem to be very doable. I also found one on runnersworld.com, (that's pretty similar), that I'm going to start next Monday. Please keep us posted on your progress.
    Thanks, Brandie.

    ReplyDelete