Monday, January 25, 2010

If we are getting healthy, we are ALL IN STRIDE

I am reviving the blog. OK, correction- YOU are reviving the blog.
This week, that post (down there, below this one), created a lot of talk, a lot of promises and a lot of AWESOME momentum and inspiration.

SO. New assignment: SHARE.
I find that a simple status update on facebook like today's: "I'm going to ruuuuuuuuuuun!!!" Led to me actually going out to do it.

Do I think you're going to call me and make sure I went out? No. I know that if I make my commitments public knowledge, I am more likely to stick to them! Now, that is not necessarily true of say, the dentist (I've rescheduled that appointment for the second time now.....).

BUT! Having a support group IS EFFECTIVE on staying on track with your lifestyle change (ie eating better and exercising more).

Oh, I don't know anyone who runs, bikes, swims, walks... blah, blah.. NO.
Want to know how I found a support group? Well, I was lucky that my mom and sister started running about a year before me, but I live an hour and a half away.

True story:

I went to the greenway where I live and saw a group running together and asked to join them. The end. This group ended up being the single reason I was able to train for the full marathon.
And they, along with people like these:

are the reason I finished it.

SO- scroll down this blog and take a look at those names down there on the right- those are folks who can contribute at any time- all you have to do is send me your e-mail address, and I will add you as a contributor.

I can't keep this blog up on my own and that wasn't the point of creating it- I need cheer leaders, too!!! E-mail me (sarah.b.gilliam1@gmail.com) to be added!

Your struggles and triumphs and questions and answers help others more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment