Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back in the game!

I have to be perfectly honest and say I slipped into my normal rut. I always start out with grand plans of running 3 days a week and completing at least a 5K a month and on and on and on and after about 2 months I'm bored and I start making excuses, it's too cold outside, it's too late, I'm too tired etc. I tell myself Monday will be the day I start again and Monday would come and go. I decided last week I'm a person who needs motivation outside my own willpower. So 7 days ago I began again in anticipation of an upcoming beach trip in 2 months. I've been doing the Comcast OnDemand ab workouts and cross training videos every night (some of which are only 10 minutes long) and I've been running the neighborhood again!! I now know I'm prone start making excuses even though I really want this!! So I was super excited when some friends from work decided to get together and do the Muddy Buddy on May 31st. This will be a blast and is just the push I need to stay in the game. So if you are looking for a unique event that just might motivate you stay in the game or get back in there if you made excuses like I did this just might be the event for you. And if it's not your cup of tea I would suggest signing up for a race with some friends. I'll even sign up for one if you want me too, I know I need the motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment