Tuesday, March 9, 2010

No Regrets

I came across this thought a few weeks ago on the Runner’s World Web site, and it has helped me get out the door more than once. (It's actually part of the article Jenn linked to in a previous post):

"You rarely regret the runs you do; you almost always regret the runs you skip."

I’m training for the half-marathon (my first!), and sticking to a training schedule has been tough - especially with two young children and an unusually snowy winter. I’ve been doing most of my weekday runs in the early morning hours and long runs on weekends. My farthest run to date is seven miles, but I’m sticking to that schedule and slowly adding distance. Isn’t it amazing how good you feel – and how much you accomplish – on the days you run? I seem to have more energy to chase after my boys, which is a big part of why I’m working to stay in shape.

Just thought I’d share the little quote that helps keep me on track.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! We have a running group here called the Louisville Sharks. When they start their runs they all get together and say, "One day we will not be able to do this, but today is NOT that day." I love the quote you posted and will use it to get through my 10 miles this weekend, eek! Thanks for sharing and GOOD LUCK with mini training. I am 43 days away from my first Mini....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenn! Good luck to you, too - that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete