Sunday, June 7, 2009

Running back

Time to get back into the running game. I have continued running, but I'm not doing as well as I should. I blame not having a race ahead. So, I have decided to run a half marathon this fall (October).



But that also means my first ever Summer training (boo!). So, starting tomorrow, I'm sort of starting over. I am going to be training Monday, Wednesday and swimming Tuesday, Thursday for an hour each day and a long run when I can fit it in (but I'll try for Saturday or Sunday).

This also means I'll be training with a Camel Pack because I sweat so much with the Tennessee humidity. And I'll be updating as I go.

What are you up to?

3 comments:

  1. Hey everyone needs a break right! I think you'll do AWESOME!

    I'm actually training for a Triathlon Sprint right now - well 2 of them. The first is August 1st and it is a 1/2 mile swim, 14 mile bike, and 5K run. I'm doing terrible at run training lately but I've amped up swimming and biking so I've gotta find a place to fit it in. The 2nd is Sept 13th and it is a 800m swim, 18mi bike, and 4 mi run...EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So, how do you train for the bike part? Do you have a place to ride that is off the main road? Like a greenway? I am tempted to start doing some biking, but I really don't know ANYTHING about my bike, how to use my bike rack... Both things were given to me, and since we had horses growing up, that didn't leave much room for biking... I am embarrassed that I don't know how to... oh my... ride a bike!

    ReplyDelete