Monday, June 22, 2009

Still Going!

Before the Muddy Buddy I had slipped into a rut that the Muddy Buddy dug me out of and so far I haven't slipped again, but it hasn't been the running that's kept me going it's been the bike riding :)!!

I'm still running and just signed up for the I run for the party 4th of July 5K which I plan to walk/run while pushing my son in his stroller. But the biking is what I look forward to. I feel like a little kid again, free to go anywhere I want and go as fast as I want. When I feel the burn in my legs challenging me to go up the next hill I want to push myself even further. I love it!

I've been debating on whether or not to do the half-marathon in Murfreesboro but in the meantime I'm looking for some more bike races, either mountain or road. And then maybe I'll do another race that combines the 2! I was in Amelia Island on vacation last week and rode my bike everywhere. They had amazing trails that overlooked golf courses and the beach and I had a blast! I rode everyday I was there and it's really helping with my running! I may have finally found something I can stay motivated to do!! Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment