Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This Little Comment Made My Day

So this is just a little thing, but (as fellow runners and exercisers) I think you'll understand.

I was standing in line the other day at the bank - holding my 2-year-old, wearing jeans, a shirt and sandals - and a random guy says to me: "Are you a runner?"

Me (pause): "Actually, yes - I am!"
Random guy: "I can tell. You look like a runner."
Me: "Really???" (**SMILE**)

Now, this guy was not hitting on me. Turns out he is a marathon runner who is not running in the Country Music Marathon this year because of an achilles tendon injury (ouch). But this little exchange totally made my day. I've been so f0cused on training to run 13 miles that I haven't thought too much about the physical changes that might be going on. Pegging me as a runner was a huge compliment.

And so I'm gearing up for the Country Music Half Marathon this weekend and hoping (with help from my running buddy) that I can run the whole way.

Good luck to all who are taking part in the whole or the half!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I sometimes look at people and think..."that's a runner, right there." Awesome community to be a part of.

    Love your "exercise" badge: "The poor man's plastic surgery!" That is AWESOME!

    PS: Thanks for following my blog today! Looking forward to swapping running stories!

    ReplyDelete