Monday, February 1, 2010

Cuddle Duds make all the difference.

My first 5 mile run yesterday, 24 degrees, snow still on the ground & I still managed to keep it at around a 12 minute mile (maybe slow for some, but GREAT for this girl!)  

This go around my legs were much better protected by some comfy (and friction reducing) cuddle duds/long johns under my running pants.  I have the ones that are silky rather than the regular LJ material which I think is just way more comfortable.  I got them at Target and they are only around $10 and totally saved my legs from the tingly, numbness that comes from the freezing cold wind hitting my legs.  I was so warm that I was able to strip down to just a LJ shirt and a tee during most of the run and because my legs were warm I think it helped carry me through the longer run.  Plus I had a "runner's high" all day - best mood ever!  

Winter-sminter - If I can run in snow & 24 degrees then YOU can too...

PS:  If you're looking for a killer CD to get you through the run I highly recommend AHA SHAKE HEARTBREAK from the Nashville based, Grammy Award winning band Kings of Leon ;)  Their song King of the Rodeo has the the best beat and will put a smile on anyone's face during a hard run.  KING OF THE RODEO

No comments:

Post a Comment